Things you need:
1 bundle of fresh spinach
1 jar of sun dried tomatoes (depending on how much you use 1 jar can last you for a while!)
1 Package feta cheese
1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pack of boneless skinless chicken tenders
1 pizza crust ( we use the Pillsbury ones that come in the biscuit cans)
1 bottle of your fav chicken marinade ( we use a lemon garlic bottled marinade)
Optional: Olive oil, dried oregano, dried basil (for seasoning the crust)
This is how we make ours:
- First we roll out the dough on a dark flat cookie tray. We like to roll ours out thin but you can roll yours out to be as thick or as thin as you want.
- We then pre-cook the crust for just a few minutes. On the Pillsbury crust can it tells you how long..we usually cook it for about 5 minutes. While the crust is cooking we line up all of our ingredients.
- I then chop up 2-3 chicken breast tenders into little cubes and toss them into a bowl full of our favorite marinade.
- Then I chop up a handful of spinach that has been washed and dried. I just eyeball it and stop when I think I have enough.
- I like to get the sun dried tomatoes that come in a jar and are pre-chopped. I have also gotten the ones that come whole in the jar and both work just fine. If I am using the pre-chopped ones I use 1-2 regular size spoons full. If I am using the whole ones I chop up 3-4 depending on the size. Again we just use as much as we feel like on that particular day. I always use a paper towel or two to drain off as much of the oil as possible off of the tomatoes. The ones I get come packed in a jar of oil.
- While I am getting everything else ready my boyfriend cooks the chicken on the stove. ( He tosses the marinade right into the pan with the chicken and lets it cook out)
- Once the crust comes out of the oven I toss together some olive oil, dried basil and dried oregano and I brush that mixture all over the hot crust.
- I start topping the pizza by putting a
layer of mozzarella cheese on the crust.
Then I toss on the spinach and sun dried tomatoes. Next I spread the chicken around the pizza and then add another layer of mozzarella cheese. Finally I top it off with a few handfuls of feta cheese.
Note: Some of these ingredients like the spinach, tomatoes, cheese, and chicken will last you for a few pizzas! We just bought a second jar of sun dried tomatoes and the first one lasted us at least 4 pizzas. This of course would depend on how much of each topping you use.
I will leave you with one last look at the delicious pizza you could be eating!
I love to cook almost as much as I love to read! If you make this pizza I would love to see pictures of how it turns out for you or if you have a favorite pizza recipe please feel free to share it!